Mrs. DeepaChandran, MA, BEd
|Principal, Sabarigiri School
Mrs. DeepaChandran is a vibrant principal liked by students, teachers and parents. She is a trained post graduate with 11 yrs experience as a CBSE Principal in Sabarigiri. She is known for her wisdom, humility, friendliness and problem solving ability. She easily inspires her students and teachers and is quiet capable of maintaining the school discipline. She is able to encourage and develop the students in curricular and co-curricular areas. A true leader, a true principal, she is also the co-ordinator of all Sabarigiri Educational Institutions.
· Born in Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram on 16th June 1971.
· XIIth from KendriyaVidyalaya(CBSE), Pattom, Trivandrum in Second Rank.
· BA Economics (Ist Class) from Govt. Women’s College, Trivandrum.
· MA Economics (Ist Class). Got Scholarship from University of Kerala for MA from Department of Economics, Karyavattom , Trivandrum.
· BEd. (Ist Class) from Govt. Training College, Thycadu, Trivandrum.
· SET (State Eligibility Test for Teachers) Qualified.
· 1993 - 94 : TGT Social Science at Sabarigiri Residential School, Anchal.
· 1994 - 95 : TGT Social Science at BharathiVidyaBhavan, Giri Nagar, Ernakulam.
· 1995 - 99 : TGT Social Science at BhrathiVidyaBhavan, Koduganoor, TVPM
· 1999 - 2000 : PGT Economics at BhrathiVidyaBhavan, Koduganoor, TVPM.
2000 - till date : Principal, Sabarigiri Residential School, Anchal, Kollam Dist.
· IIM Kozhikodu -trained Principal.
· Attended NUEPA Delhi- CBSE Leadership Development Programme.
Attended Bangalore and Chennai All India CBSE National Sahodaya Complex meeting and Training Programmes.
· Worked as Examiner CBSE evaluation and Head Examiner Social Science for 3 years at KV, Pattom.
· 2009-10, 2010-11 & 2011-12 - Chief Nodel Supervisor for CBSE Evaluation Camp, Sabarigiri Residential School, Anchal (CNS).
· Imparting Training to Teachers on CCE Programme in other neighbouring CBSE Schools as a voluntary service to schools.
· Joint Secretary of VenadSahodaya Complex.
· Conducting Personality Development Classes for Teachers and Staff.
· Co-ordinates the CBSE Board’s Exam fixing centre of Kollam District.
· Carrying out Mentoring and Monitoring of CBSE programme.
· Deputed by CBSE for Affiliation Inspection from 2009 onwards.
· Observer of AIEE, CTET, All India Medical and Engineering exams as per the duties given by the CBSE.
· Executive Member of Confederation of Kerala Sahodaya Complex, Kerala region.